New Safety Protocol for the Opening of Casa Salsa Davie
We are so excited that we will be able to see you all again. We have put together a set of safety regulations, which we will be implementing in order to provide the safest possible environment for our students and staff. All students must read before returning to our studio.
1. Students will have their temperature taken before entering the studio, with a contactless thermometer. If you have a temperature above 100 degrees you will be asked to go home.
2. If any of the following applies to you, we respectfully ask you to stay home:
• You have experienced any symptoms related to COVID-19 in the last two weeks.
• You have been around anyone experiencing symptoms related to COVID-19 in the last two weeks.
• You have traveled in the last 2 weeks by plane.
3. All students must sign a COVID-19 liability waiver before entering the studio again for the first time since the re-opening. This waiver is available on our website. Please print, sign and email waiver to email@example.com to save time when you check in.
4. All students must use hand sanitizer upon entrance to the studio.
5. All students must wear a proper mask when entering the studio, and wear it throughout the class. This mask should cover your nose and mouth. You may also wear a face shield. If you do not have either, we will provide masks on location for $2, of face shields for $10.
6. There will be a 10-minute break in between each class so that high touch surfaces can be disinfected.
7. We ask that you keep your belongings in one of the cubbies by the entrance or back of the studio. These cubbies are disinfected every day before class. Only 1 water bottle is allowed per person (also available for purchase). No food will be allowed in the studio.
8. We have removed all couches from the studio to help reduce contaminated surfaces. While waiting for class to start please stand in a spot that has been taped off on the dance floor.
9. Restroom use: We ask you to please avoid direct contact with surfaces such as toilet seat, faucet, toilet handle and door knobs by using a paper towel. Students must wash their hands thoroughly before returning to class (contactless soap dispenser will be available). Two sanitizing stations will be available by the Front Desk and by the restroom.
10. Please refrain from using your cellphone while in the studio in order to prevent infecting touch surfaces and/or other people. Please keep your cellphone in your pocket or in the cubbies with the rest of your belongings.
11. We will be offering partnerwork classes and footwork (shines) classes. Students can choose which classes they are most comfortable taking. Our studio floor has standing stations for each student participating in the class. The standing stations are each 6 feet apart.
12. If you choose to take partnerwork classes you have the option to bring your own partner, or if comfortable, be a part of the partner rotation. If you choose to bring your own partner, you will stay with that same partner for the entirety of the class. If you choose to participate in the partner rotation, you will be asked to sanitize your hands with hand sanitizer for your safety and the safety of others.
13. If you do not yet feel comfortable taking classes at the studio, we will be offering online streaming of our live daily lessons through our Webinar. You will be able to register at DavieDance.com (Casa Salsa Membership or purchase of a class package required).
14. Students will need to pre-register online for classes (please check the instructions on how to create an account and book your spot online). We do not have a waitlist for classes that are full. If there is a class you want to take that you could not gain access to, you can still take the class online from home, as all classes will continue to be live on our webinar.
15. No students will be allowed to congregate inside the studio. After class please exit the studio immediately.
16. Private Lessons: You will be able to schedule Private Lessons as usual. Both teacher and student will be required to wear a mask.
We understand that this new protocol is not ideal, but the safety of our students and staff will be our number one priority above everything else. As time goes on, we will assess when to resume our regular class schedule. We will also come up with a plan of action on when and how to hold regularly scheduled events, such as Monthly Socials and our annual Student Showcase. We would like to thank our students for their unconditional support and loyalty throughout these hard times. Without your support during the quarantine, the re-opening of our studio would have never been possible.
Thank you from the bottom of our hearts and we promise to continue to bring you our very best work in the safest environment possible.
See you soon!